Meet the Founder
After starting his business in possibly the worst year for financial markets i.e. 2008, Shashank Shekhar has grown his company Arcus Lending by 1000%+ just in last 3 years by helping thousands of families secure better financing for their homes. This dramatic growth has been built on the pillars of legendary customer service and unrelenting focus on education. Shashank lives and breathes the mantra “We are in the customer service and education business, we just happen to do mortgages.”
Amazon.com #1 best-selling author and international speaker Shashank is widely regarded as “America’s Premier Mortgage Expert”. He is the host of TV and radio show – “Mortgage Matters” and author of widely acclaimed books – “First Time Home Buying 101”, “Real Estate Unleashed“ and latest #1 best-seller “My First Home”.
Besides writing one of the top mortgage blogs in the country, Shashank also gets invited to blog on several of the top mortgage and real estate websites. He has been featured on Yahoo! News, FOX, Washington Post, Bankrate.com, Huffington Post and several other media for his expertise. Shashank was interviewed by Emmy Award-winning director Nick Nanton on his TV show.
His awards include:
- “Top 40 Under 40″ most influential mortgage professionals in the country by National Mortgage Professional Magazine
- “Hot 100″ movers and shakers in the country by Mortgage Professional America (MPA) for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018
- “Top 200 loan officers in the country” (ranked by production volume ) by Origination News – 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- “Top 25 most connected mortgage professionals in the country” by National Mortgage Professional Magazine
- Scotsman Guide Top Originators – 2015, 2016, 2017
- Inducted into the “National Academy of Best Selling Authors” in 2012
- Nominated for “Entrepreneur of the Year” award at Silicon Valley Awards, 2013
He has an MBA in Marketing from one of the premier business schools. Before founding Arcus Lending, Shashank worked for GE Money in mid-level management and worked for a start-up mortgage origination company as Director of Product Management. He also sits on the board of Give India, a non-profit that works for fundraising for Indian charities.
He lives in Saratoga, CA with his wife and two daughters – Anishka and Anya. When he is not busy growing his company, he can be seen Skydiving from 15000 feet or learning biohacking techniques.